Emotional Well Being
- What do you do to create or enhance your quality of life?
- What do you do in a day that is important to you and that makes you feel better about the day or yourself?
- How do you manage stress and cope with difficult emotions?
- How do you take care of yourself? What gives you pleasure?
- Do you notice and pay attention to when you are feeling good or do you only pay attention and notice when you’re feeling bad?
Psychological Well Being
- What gives your life meaning, purpose and/or a sense of direction?
- What choices and efforts do you make so that the world around you meets your needs?
- How does it make you feel when you do?
- Do you feel comfortable in expressing your own ideas and opinions?
- What parts of yourself do you most like and value?
- What experiences have challenged you to grow and become a better person?
Social Well Being
- Who are the people you have trusting warm relationships with?
- Do you believe that people are basically good?
- Would you like to strengthen these relationships?
- Do you believe that people, society and you can change? What are your beliefs about people in general?
- What do you do to contribute to society?
- Do you let yourself day dream and imagine without placing limits on your dreaming?
- Do you claim time to sit quietly with yourself?
- Do you ask yourself what your essential beliefs are for meaning in life? Do you let yourself play aimlessly?
- What is hope for you?
- What are the safe places and people in your life, people or places that can strengthen your life meaning?
- Do you stop, look and listen?
- Do you have rituals and practices that keep you in touch with yourself and a core meaning?
"Everyone has a right to have a present and future that are not completely dominated and dictated by the past" - Karen Saakvitne