- Social Integration – Feeling that we have things in common with others, feeling connected to both a community and the larger society. Having an interest in people and the world around us and a sense of belonging.
- Social Acceptance- Trusting others, seeing people as kind and generally holding favorable views of humanity.
- Social Contribution – believing we are important, valued and effective members of society.
- Social Coherence – Caring about the world we live in and understanding the way things work within it.
- Social Actualization – Having a hopeful outlook that society is improving, can or will improve. This would also include believing that people can change and that you can change and grow.
"Everyone has a right to have a present and future that are not completely dominated and dictated by the past" - Karen Saakvitne